I know I am bad at getting on here and writing on a regular basis. I’ll try harder.
So my new project… to lose the 40lbs I gained after I joined the Navy. A friend and I turned me onto a book called the Primal Blueprint by Mark Sessions. It was a quick read and I understood what Mark was getting at about diet. The basis of the diet is to eliminate grains and sugar from your diet and eat plants and animals; the way primal man ate.
I made a decision back in the beginning of last November to start it. I did really well and lost about 10lbs in about two weeks. It was great. I felt great had a lot of energy. Then the holidays hit and I figured I’d take a break and eat the wonderful food that we all enjoy. That threw a wrench into my diet.
I couldn’t seem to get back on it. I let things get in the way. It was also hard to cook food without grain. I didn’t want to eat a salad everyday; but that seemed the quickest way to make a meal. Then I found a blog called Elana’s Pantry (www.elanaspantry.com) . She has all these wonderful recipes. I found grain free bead! Now I can have sandwiches.
Although I’ve been eating this way on and off for the past week; I am going to call today day one. From here on out I am going to stick to the diet and not break from it and I am going to keep a log on here to try and keep myself accountable. So basically I am saying that I need my cheerleaders.
So this morning I ate porridge made from walnuts, shredded coconut, flax meal, chia seeds and sesame seeds. (Recipe on www.elanaspantry.com) It was soooo delicious! It tasted like cream of wheat. I sweetened it with a little agave nectar and threw in some blueberries and cream. So yummy! I think I found my new 'go to' breakfast. I am so full too. I ate some watermelon chunks and almost couldn’t finish them because I was so full from my porridge.
My ‘lunch’ for work is roast beef and some broccoli. I brought a banana and some pomegranate juice(Pom) for a snack; but I doubt i am going to be able to eat any of this as of yet. Before I left for work for the day I made myself some iced tea with rooibos red tea(herbal), a little agave nectar and a splash of pomegranate juice. I’m excited; it’s been 5 ½ hours since I ate my porridge and I am still full. Not satisfied, but full; as if I ate it 10mins ago. So awesome!
My ‘lunch’ for work is roast beef and some broccoli. I brought a banana and some pomegranate juice(Pom) for a snack; but I doubt i am going to be able to eat any of this as of yet. Before I left for work for the day I made myself some iced tea with rooibos red tea(herbal), a little agave nectar and a splash of pomegranate juice. I’m excited; it’s been 5 ½ hours since I ate my porridge and I am still full. Not satisfied, but full; as if I ate it 10mins ago. So awesome!
I am also looking at purchasing Turbofire that another friend has been using as her workout plan and loves. As of right now until I get this new workout I am going to be using my P90X DVDs. I am currently at 174lbs on my way to my goal weight of 135lbs; about 5lbs over my high school weight.


Awesome Kayleigh! You can totally do it! You can reach your goal! I'm going to go and check out the website! I need some healthier food recipes. And your porridge sounds gooood!
ReplyDelete